In the age of digitalization, information technology is of central importance for almost every company. Malfunctions and disturbances in the IT area paralyze a company and have a negative effect on its success.
Besides the technical aspects of IT, it is therefore also important to draw up IT contracts clearly and comprehensively in order to avoid future conflicts and cover risks as far as possible.
IT law, being a cross-sectional area of law, poses special challenges. A wide variety of issues can play a role, ranging from liability and warranty to questions of copyright and patent law in the development of software programs or data protection law in database creation and processing.
For many years, we have represented providers and developers of software solutions as well as their users in a wide range of branches of IT law.
Areas of focus:
- Cloud computing and platform solutions (e.g. SaaS contracts, outsourcing)
- Software development contracts, including the licensing of software
- Service level agreements
- Drafting of general terms and conditions
- Trademark, copyright and patent law
- Liability of Internet service providers (access, host and content providers)
- Data protection law
Dr. Georg Huber, certified data protection officer and certified CIPP/E (Certified International Privacy Professional / Europe)