On 6 February 2018, lawyer Ivo Greiter will speak at the Lawyers Academy (Anwaltsakademie) on the topic: „What isn’t always spelt out by law – ethics for lawyers“.
The presentation will be from 12.30 to 3.30 p.m. at the Voestalpine Event Centre in Linz and is geared towards lawyers and trainee lawyers.
These topics will be covered:
- Ethics for lawyers are not always laid down in the law.
- Professional responsibility has changed rapidly in past years
- There are a large number of borderline cases that have to be reviwed
- The European professional code
- What is threating the reputation of lawyers in todays‘ society
- Critical situations and individual cases will be discussed
- Is a lawyer allowed to lie?
- The client that’s not in a hurry to pay
- Preparing for disciplinary action
- Precise documentation to use as evidence in critical situations
- The courage to take a risk and test the limits of the professional code
- Individual past cases
The registration form for the seminar is under: Anwaltsakademieback