Art as an investment is gaining in significance. In particular in times of economic crises and decreasing interest rates, investors see art as an alternative form of investment. Next to the more common asset forms such as shares, gold or real-estate, today art is often a significant part of an investor’s portfolio. However, the art market is subject to its own set of laws, that need to be taken into account.
Mr. Alain Mestat, an acknowledged expert in the field of investment in art and asset management, and lawyer Dr. Georg Huber will speak on this subject. The following points will be focussed on:
- art and asset management
- why art is suitable as an asset and investment
- characteristics of the art market
- current leading trends on the art market
- hidden costs for storage, security and preservation
- art as collateral security
- legal questions concerning the acquisition of art
The presentation will be held in cooperation with Milionart (milionart.com) on June 14, 2016. If you would like to have further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.